Gortrush Foods Data Protection Policy
At Gortrush Food Services Ltd we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
- how Gortrush Food Services Ltd may obtain your personal information
- what information we collect
- how we will use that information
- who we share your information with
- your choices regarding your information we hold
This policy is written in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Gortrush Food Services Ltd is registered under the Act as a Data Controller under number ICO:00010058805.
How do we obtain your information
We obtain your information when you decide to open an account at Gortrush Food Services. This is required as part of our credit checking and to ensuring when a transaction is invoiced to you, it is sent to the appropriate person.
How do we obtain your personal information?
We obtain your information by asking you to complete a customer account form. This is completed either by you when we post it to you, over the phone by one of our sales team or face to face at a sales meeting.
We collect information in the following ways:
We collection information on your business via the internet and local knowledge. We only hold your personal details so that in the event your business is no longer operating and you are there is a debt outstanding, we can correspond with you are your home address.
- When you give it to us directly
You can give us your information at the point of opening an account with us. We ask you to complete a customer account form that includes details on your business and home address.
- Sometimes when you give us your information via a social media channel such as our facebook page or linked in. You may also leave your details with us on our website.
- Sharing your information and giving permission for your information to be shared with other parties.
We do not share your information with other businesses, however when we are contacting you we may use systems such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp which are mailing tools that give you the option to unsubscribe to any marketing activity we issue.
- When your information is available publicly or from other external sources
We may combine information that we already have about you with information available publicly or information available from external sources in order to gain a better understanding of you and to improve our service to you. Such information could be for example, socio-demographic and geographic information or sector information. We generally do not collect personal information as we are predominantly a business to business service and therefore personal data might only be used for example if we are involved in a sponsorship activity with a sporting organisation.
- The information we get from other external sources may depend on your privacy settings or the responses you give, so you should regularly check them.
- We may also obtain information about you where it is publicly available and found in places such as Companies House, Land Registry website and information that is published in articles and newspapers.
What information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details, bank details.
Data protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as sensitive personal information and covers health information, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or other beliefs or a similar nature, political opinion and trade union membership. We do not require any of this information to do enable us to provide our service to our customers.
We only collect data that enables us to provide you with the best service possible and to as part of our insurance that you can honor any purchases made with Gortrush Food Services Ltd.
How do we use your information?
How we use your information would largely depend on why you are providing it. We may use your information in the ways set out below.
- We use your personal information to make contact with you about your account, they types of products you are using, the orders you are placing or the service you require. We will always contact you through your business first.
- We use your information to gain a full understanding of your business transactions with us so we can develop and offer you the best possible services.
- We use your information to keep a record of your relationship with us and for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies. We use your personal information to investigate and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
- Direct marketing
With your consent, we may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to help you, for example, information about our products, services, special offers, news and developments. Occasionally, we may include information from partner organisations or organisations who support us in these communications. If you receive a marketing email from us you will be able to unsubscribe to this type of activity.
- You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com, calling us on 028 8224 0044, or writing to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at the address above. You will also note that you can unsubscribe from any marketing material by scrolling down to the bottom of any news letter issued to you and clicking unsubscribe.
- Building profiles and targeting communications
We may use profiling techniques to ensure communications are relevant and timely, and to provide an improved experience to our customers. Profiling also allows us to target our resources effectively. We only use profiling in our internal system called Seasons which can tell us information for example Who is buying a particular product and volumes? This enables us to provide you with a service that it better suited for your needs or communicate information that is relevant to you.
- In order to create a profile for you, we (or our trusted service providers (such as Mailchimp) may use the information which you give us and which we collect from external resources, including information that is publicly available about you.
- This sort of profiling can include us using information about your business, the sector you operate and your location, what product you are buying, volumes, seasonal changes.
- We may also use this information to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in other products we have available. You can let us know if you would prefer us not to profile you in this way by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling us on 028 8224 0044 or writing to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at the address above.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell your details to any third parties, but we may sometimes share your information with our trusted service providers who are authorised to act on our behalf, this includes Mail Chimp, Sage, Seasons and associated organisations who work on our behalf.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, Gortrush Food Services Ltd cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
The Gortrush Food Services Ltd website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.